Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teenage and young adult New Yorkers I have an important question for you?

For those of you who live in your own apartment or house, HOW CAN YOU AFFORD IT?! Im not a New Yorker but ive thought of living there on many occasions, and ive seen the outrageous cost of living you guys have. And I know some young people have their own place. So how do you afford it? Do you work two or maybe three jobs? Or do you have roommates? Or maybe your parents lend a helping hand? I just dont know how ya do it.Teenage and young adult New Yorkers I have an important question for you?
I recently graduated college and started a full time job in NYC... rent isnt as high as most would think, unless you compare it to nowwhere town, usa.





Salares are also much higher in NYC. I know college friends who stared in the same company as me who are making alot less because of the location (i know there are other factors, but location does play a large role in salary).





And while yes the cost of living is expensive - so is the opportunities.Teenage and young adult New Yorkers I have an important question for you?
Most people do this through a combination of rich parents (even if they aren't helping with month to month expenses, they funded college so that student loan debt is not a major issue), professional jobs with relatively high entry-level salaries, and roommates (many single new yorkers live with roommates well into their 30's). Also, while the cost of living is high throughout NY, rent in Brooklyn, Queens, or the Bronx is less than half what you may have seen or heard about in parts of Manhattan.
well i don't live in new york, i moved away from nyc when i was 18, i'm 21 so i'm not that OLD... but i used to have 1 other room mate, and my parents sent me 200 bucks a month to help out a bit... so really the cost for us wasn't that much only like 400 for each of us... the place cost 1,000 a month, but it was really big...
good job like a physician or rich parents.
I am 25 and single. I work one full-time job 10 months out of the year and have my own one bedroom apartment in the Bronx. I would never be able to live in my own spacious, beautiful 1 bedroom in Manhattan.
you live in queens cause it cheapest.
rich parents.... also rich kids graduate from good schools so they have good jobs.. but it starts generally with rich parents

No comments:

Post a Comment