Sunday, August 22, 2010

How shall i get my teenage daughter to change her bedding?

She is very lazy, and it annoys me when she doesnt do what she is told.How shall i get my teenage daughter to change her bedding?
Since she's a teenager, I would say that it's her bed. If she wants to sleep on filthy sheets, let her!





Pick your battles carefully Mom :-)How shall i get my teenage daughter to change her bedding?
TAKE AWAY HER BED.......TELL HER THAT IF SHE WANTS TO USE IT SHE HAS TO LOOK AFTER IT.....REFUSE TO GIVE IT BACK TILL SHE PROMESES TO LOOK AFTER IT....... THAN TELL HER ALL ABOUT THE CHILDREN IN AFRICA AND HOW THEY ARE NOT AS LUCKY.....THAT ALWAYS GOT ME FEELING SORRY.

Report Abuse



I would tell her to change it before she goes to school. If she doens't then dump a bunch of cookie crumbs or somthing equaly agrivating. Then she will HAVE to change the bedding AND vac the floor where all the trash dumps on it. Keep at it till she gets the hint, ';DO AS MOM SAYS OR ELSE!';
put your foot down and stick to your guns...I always used to take everything off the bed and strip it, and then leave a huge pile in the middle of the floor, to make my point! Even clothing and stuff all over the floor or piled in the closet...it all comes out to the middle of the room in a huge messy pile...so when they come home they have no choice but to clean it up...
in the morning before school


nag the heck out of her, make her remove the old bedding and bring it down stairs, and when she gets home she will have NO choice but to replace the bedding,





If she does,





go to the pet store, and purchase a few bugs





crickets are good,





( 10 should do the trick)





and before she walks in the door, or goes to sleep





spill them out into her room





they are noisy and HOP





she will not be able to sleep with noisy hopping bugs in her dirty bed





trust me,





M





( and simple bug spray will rid you of the problem,)





make sure to keep her door closed





and spray around the frame of her door way,





good luck





M
strip the bed wash the sheets and once dry just throw them on the bed.
I don't understand parents who can't get their children to do as they are told. I'm guessing you used ';time out'; as discipline. I simply change the infliction of my voice and my teen does exactly as told. Stop washing all her clothes until a load of bedding is included.
spill water on it while she's sleeping.


works like a charm.


or say that your house is infested with bed bugs.


haha, thats how my mom got me to change my bedding


and trust me, it worked. i was freaked out!
how old is she ?





take her shopping and let her choose her own bedding that she likes.





you could strip her bed and give her the choice of sleeping on a mattress or sheets.
tell her you will stop her havin friends over or not give her any more pocketmoney for 6 months if she doesnt do it
throw a bucket of water on the bed ...she will have no choice then.
punish her...give her an ultimatum....thats the problem with parents today, they're wimps. u need to step up and be the parent
Start taking things from her that make her happy, (cell phone, video games, mall privileges etc) and if that don't work, take her bedding off for her and tell her to sleep on bare mattresses if she wants to live in filth.
i know i am a ***** but if i had a daughter that age and being that lazy i would go in and pour ketchup or some other form of liquid that is disgusting on the bed so she would have to change it................................... she not going to sleep in a bed with ketchup on is she. try pickled onions that should do it....not i being serious.
smack her butt
Umm, no offense lady, but if its her stuff, it's in her room, let her have it her way! she will eventually get tired and embarrassed at the way her room looks... and smells! she'll clean it up =]
TEACH HER HOW GROUND HER
Take away her cell phone until its done. Thats what i do when i want my 13 year old daughter to do anything.
Something I've found from my own personal experience:





Pick your battles. Put your foot down about curfews, drinking, drugs, and boys. That matters.





If you're nagging her about stuff like changing her sheets -which is important, don't get me wrong- she'll start tuning you out.





Case in point:





My parents let me dress semi-goth. Skinny dark pants, Converse or skater shoes, a few chains here and there, black shirts, the whole shebang. (I think full-out goth looks stupid and I don't want to scare people off; I just like the style.) I'm sure that if my parents could pick for me, they wouldn't pick a Roman Dirge sweatshirt. But, since they respect me, I respect them.





I'm home by my curfew, ten minutes late tops. (Ten minutes is reasonable given subway arrival times) I've been tempted but I don't drink, I'm not interested in drugs, and I'm keeping it pretty cool with my boyfriend.





My room isn't always in tip-top shape, but I'm doing pretty well in school and am still a virgin. I think it's a good trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment