Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What would you do if your teenage child were to join a fight club?

In Collierville, TN, they discovered an ';underground'; out in the open fight club being run by the local high school kids.





What would you do if you discovered your child was party to this activity?What would you do if your teenage child were to join a fight club?
First I'd applaud him for having steel nuts and a willingness to better himself. Then, I'd challenge him to a fight on these terms: If he won, I'd teach him how to fight more effectively and personally find another fight club for him to join; if he lost, he'd still have my respect, but I wouldn't help him much unless he requested it.What would you do if your teenage child were to join a fight club?
hah very nice response gonna post this on failblog if i can

Report Abuse



The first rule of the fight club is you don't talk about the fight club.





Hah, sorry I couldn't resist. How could parents not notice the bruises and whatnot that comes from being in a fight club? Anyway, if my kid was in one I would ask why he felt compelled to join - to have sense of belonging, to release pent up aggression? - and find alternative ways for him to constructively fill those needs. And I'd ground him and make him read the book ';Fight Club.'; I'm really serious that it will change your mind about life and the mentality behind such clubs. It's an excellent book.
he wouldnt leave the house. i'd tell him i'd punch him in the face a few times if that was what he was looking for, and he wouldnt leave the house except for school and maybe a part time job until i felt he could be appropriate in his choice of friends, clubs and groups to belong in.
I would wonder WHERE I had failed him as his parent and takes steps to correct it.
id be pissed at myself that i hadnt taught my kid well enough not to do whats in movies





and kick theyre ***


jk


id call him/her a dumbass and forbid it
have a calm disscusoion with him about why he wont do it againa nd what youll do to him if you find out hes did it again and say it in the calmest most relaxed voice

No comments:

Post a Comment