Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do I help my teenage daughter learn what's appropriate to wear?

My daughter is seventeen and often doesn't seem to know what is appropriate to wear on different occasions. For example, she'll wear a cocktail dress to a daytime luncheon, or shorts and a tank top to an evening date.


She won't listen to me, because I'm her mom and she doesn't want to listen to anything I have to say. Help! How can I help her to learn what's appropriate so she doesn't embarrass herself?How do I help my teenage daughter learn what's appropriate to wear?
buy her some fashion mags


maybe that will teach her whats appropriate to wear at certain times. Shes really only embarassing herself, let her. If shes not going to listen to you she should suffer. Eventually shell get the hint when someone says something or picks on her for doing it. Im 15 and I know whats appropriate to wear at certain time and the occasion, perhaps a fashion/dress class to sign her up for. You should sit her down and be like Ive told you this to many times and discuss it again with her. Next time she wears something wrong to a special occasion dont let her leave until she changes, dads are usually good at making there daughters change so maybe making him the bad guy would be okay lol...but seriously she will be made fun of eventually and will suffer the consequences of not listening to her mother.


Best of Luck and God BlessHow do I help my teenage daughter learn what's appropriate to wear?
She can only learn by doing.....





If you had taught her at 10, then she wouldn't have to suffer the embarrassments at 17, but since you didn't, then suffer she must.
Why don't you get one of her friends to tell her she's not dressing right? She may not think your opinion matters, but if someone her age tells her that she's embarassing herself, she'll take it more seriously.
Let her embarass herself, thats the only way.
Well this may be well unconventional ,but you could wear whatever it is she wears that you don't want her to and then she will get it.
Let her embarress herself. Eventually she will get the picture and learn.
The only way to teach her is to let her embarrass herself. Then she will listen.
thats fine.
I'm a seventeen year old.


I know what she's doing.


I have a friend that does that,


she is trying to get attention and get people to laugh.


She thinks its ';random';.


Just let her, the more you resist, the more she will ignore what you say.
  • make up school
  • moisturizing cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment