Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you cheer up a teenage girl?

My 15-year-old, Delilah, has recently been ';dumped'; by her boyfriend and I have good reason to believe that the break-up was not mutual. She has been crying around the clock and I must do something to lift her spirits. However, I am not sure how to do this without appearing ';uncool'; or making her cry harder. Have you got any suggestions on how to cheer her up?How do you cheer up a teenage girl?
Hey there! I am 23 now, but my first love and first break up happened when I was a teenager. I was so deeply depressed over it, and my Dad was the only one to really help me. In a way he saved my life. First off, he convinced me to stay active, to keep doing things. That helped. Let her know she is beautiful. One day I came home and my Dad had bought a large teddy bear for me. It was just sitting on my bed. I still have it. The only stuffed animal I have. Of course with teenagers everything is a lot more hard for them and the world evolves around them so you will not be able to take away all that pain, but yet again she is only 15, she will have a boyfriend soon enough and forget about the other one. Could she have some girlfriends over? What does she truly like? Maybe find a way to show interest with her interests (like buying her a t-shirt with her favorite band or something). More than anything though she just needs you to be there, and to be understanding, and to know she will probably be an emotional teenage wreck for awhile.How do you cheer up a teenage girl?
What does she like?


Go out for something to eat? or go get a film you'd both like to see together (nothing to girly, there may be cry scenes)





Do something you can do together, and help take her mind off things. If I were you I wouldnt try to get her to talk about it, if you want to just bring it up vaguely as it may upset her more.





Just let her know your her dad, and you love her no matter what, and no guy could ever compete with that.
Offer her a shoulder to cry on. Just say that you've noticed that she been sad and offer a hug. She may deny it at first but I'll bet eventually it will all come spilling out. When it does don't try to make sense out of it or solve things. just let her talk as much or little as she wants. And let her know she can talk to you anytime she wants to. It won't solve things but it will make her feel better.
Ha ha if I were to be dumped by a guy I wuld so happy if my parents let me get my lip pierced.


But if she int want one n u don't allow it u could


1. Find her a new bf


2buy her something she really wants


.3 kill the boy lol


.4take her somewhere she wants to go


5. Take her shopping :) girls bff lol
Well first of all she is lucky to have such a caring parent. I would listen when vents, but don't push her to talk to you. Offer a hug and a pep talk.
well bob take her to a movie are something anything to take her mind off of what has happened. im sure you can get her out of the house and find something todo.
Bring her something she wants to have or invite some of her friends over for a sleepover or something.


I'm 15 by the way so I know best :)


Hope this work.
hmm give her some chocolate?


go see a funny movie (:


make up stupid jokes that are funny.


just do something to take her mind of the guy
Try something simple like';hey you want to go for a walk?';


or,';how bout some ice cream?';











Say something like,';hon I love you! and that boy is missing out on you. Your boyfriends might not always love you, but i will always.';





Tell her she is a beautiful young woman. She could be feeling she is not pretty enough and that is why she thinks there was a breakup. simple things like that.





But most of the time people just need a shoulder to cry on.





I am sure it is hard for her, but you will do the right thing!





Good Luck!





God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment