Thursday, July 29, 2010

How many pounds of ribs should I make for 3 teenage boys?

My son wants BBQ ribs for his birthday party. I will have 3 teenage boys and two adults. How many pounds should I buy? Also, any tips for preparing them would be GREAT.





Thanks!How many pounds of ribs should I make for 3 teenage boys?
Well, if they are anything like I was back in the day (and still am to a certain extent when ribs are involved), then you might consider 5 slabs - and certainly more than 2. (don't worry. leftover ribs disappear fast)





As for prep - I marinate mine overnight in italian dressing with some extra garlic. Rub them down with BBQ seasoning.Then cook them covered in an oven at about 300 for a couple of hours until the meat is tender - maybe add a bit of liquid smoke. I finish then on a medium grill about 7 minutes to the side, loading them up with sauce on the turnHow many pounds of ribs should I make for 3 teenage boys?
Use a slow cooker and let them cook for 8 hours. The meat will be falling off the bones. I would get at least a full rack for each person.
my husband can eat a half slab with room for sides... So I'd at least have 1/2 slab per person and one more for good measure.
I've been told that there is no end to the appetite of a teenaged boy, and with 6 nephews, I have seen this proven to be true.





Better count on 5 lbs. of ribs per guy, with lots of side dishes to take up any extra space.
About 1/2 slab per adult, or better. As for cooking slow and low whether in the oven or on the grill. If you do it on the grill push coals off to the side and do not have a lot to begin with, then as the coals or hardwood gets lower add more you are going to have to put three to six hour into it, now you do not have to be constantly tending them, in fact if you have a real good low coal bed going it is best to leave them alone for long periods of time to develop the good smokey flavor. Now you can shorten this process by boiling the ribs ahead of time but you lose a lot of flavor and texture, but a lot of people prefer it that way(my terrible horrible ex) do not be afraid of the grill go to food network website and they will have helpful hint. Do not put sauce on till the end!!!!!!
3 teenage boys? The answer is simple: More than you can imagine! Anywhere from 1/2 slab to full slab depending on age of boys and what else will be served. Are you doing these outdoors on thr grill or in the oven? And what time do I need to be there?
10lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment