Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How much should I pay a teenage babysitter?

17-year-old will be keeping my 8-year-old girl and 11-year-old boy in my home this summer. She transports my son (2 week) from a 1/2 day camp, 1 week will only have my son, 1 week will only have my daughter. She will cook their lunch using my food, some laundry, minor housecleaning, and have kids complete their chores. I live in northern Mississippi (not a big city) and she is a cousin.


Thank you!How much should I pay a teenage babysitter?
At least $10 per hour...She can't be paid less than min wage by law, but you should pay extra for each extra kid and the chores. Even if the kids are older than babies...They can still be a handful, and if you want her to not quit on you, you should make sure she is compensated appropriately...Most people pay an average of $10 per hour up to $15 per hour depending on how much she has to do. She is not just babysitting, but also doing chores and anything less than that isn't worth it. If I was that age and offered less than that, I would rather go and hang out with my friends, or find another summer job thats less work and more pay. So pay her a decent wage since she will be doing a lot for you.How much should I pay a teenage babysitter?
$10 an hour
minimum USD 5/hour
It ALL depends on where you live. I live in Seattle and if anyone handed me less than $8-10/hour (keep in mind, im 15 and cant even drive yet) I would laugh and tell them to come back with more. The professionals in my area get $12-15. But hey, $3/hour might be normal where you live. I can't imagine anywhere where that would be acceptable but what do I know?
10 bucks an hour
You'll have to ask someone from your area. I live in the Bay Area and pay a 17-yr old $7/hr to take care of my 1-yr old. While 1-yr olds are more demanding, there's only 1 child and she doesn't have to do drop off/pick up. I also use a sitter who charges $12/hr for 1 child or $16/hr for two children. But my sister is a ';nanny'; in a more remote part of michigan and she gets $14/hr for THREE kids that are 6 yr old twins and a 3 yr old.
are u people serious.


I would say with the extra things like transporting the kids, and laundry I would give her 10-12 dollars.


She is 17 and could find a job else where, but at that age for babysitting weither she is family or not I would say NO LESS than $10.


I have been babysitting for a long while and that is what I get cause Im older and can drive.


Its all about respect, and I would feel cheated out if I got any less.


Plus think about how much a profeesional/babysitting company would charge 15-25 dollars an hour.


One thing you dont need to do that I often feel weird about is when the parents gets tons of soda/snacks/treats for me as a thank you, but really I think they get their fast food/unhealthy fix all the time at home and while out and about...especially over the summer. If any thing, get healthy snacks so the kids can share and wont get all crazy.
At LEAST minimum wage - she is doing a lot more than babysitting for you !
I would say about $60-75 a week. Even the weeks she is only keeping 1 kid. Will she be using her car to transport the kids to their camp? If she is keeping the kids and doing housework I think the above mentioned would be fair.


PS. I am from a small town in South MS and this is what I was paid 10+ years ago when I babysat. Good luck
if shes fam. about 3 an hour. if shes not family...5 an hour, cuz she is having to use her gas to transport the kids.
no more than $5 an hour. Thats how much I got paid as a teenager babysitting 3 kids at one time
I would say $7 an hour. I know how much work it can be, and the money will make her feel really good about doing the job well. She should be paid something since she could just go out and get a job on her own. It is still a lot less than a nanny.
i get paied $5.00 but being shes a cousin she should do it out of the goodness of her heart
I would definately pay her above minimum wage as you are trusting her with transporting your children. I would offer her some money for gas as well. It doesn't matter if she is a family member...treat her like a professional as that is how you expect her to act.





Have you asked her what she expects?
well i babysit and I charge $3 a kid per hour. I think it's a decent price to charge =]
How many hours each day?....If your paying her hourly $5.00 an hour is good. If it's per week which will probably be cheaper, about $150.00. You have to keep in mind that she's doing more then just caring for the kids.
Because all of this work is required and she is 17 (she could be getting a real job and be pulling in at least 7 bucks an hour), I'd say 10 dollars an hour. Warn her ahead of time that if there are days you come home and the house is a mess, etc., then her pay will be docked for that day. And if you think she's done a good job, you can tip her periodically.
Well, she's doing a lot of stuff for you! She's driving, cleaning, making lunch, plus making sure they're safe. I'd say about 50 or 60 dollars a week...that sounds like a lot, but that's only about 8 dollars a week. I'd say more, but that would really get to be a lot of money! Good Luck!
$5.00 an hour..THAT IS GREATT!
dang she aint just a baby sitter she is a house keeper....doing laudry???? lol but like at least 35 dollars an hour it maybe depends on how many hours she work
minimum wage.
$5.oo an hour?
$10 per hour. It all depends on how well she interacts with your kids and if she does her work thoroughly.
atleast 8-10 dollars an hour
7.50 an hr
pay her good; thats alot of work for a 17yr old when she/he could be out partying
atleast minimum wage plus gas...you get what you pay for... family or not
I get 7-10 an hour. Depends on how annoying your children are.
About 6-8 dollars/hour seems reasonable.
about 30 bucks a day....
at the most 10 an hour....but she is taking care of 2 kids AND doing house work.....and driving....maye 12 an hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment